Wondering Where to turn for help?
Now that you’ve completed your cancer treatment and are ready to give yourself a fresh start, you may find that you’re facing challenges with diet, exercise, emotions and other issues you may not have expected.
Going Forward is designed to address those concerns.
The program consists of 6 weekly sessions covering:
- Being Active in Cancer Survivor-ship
- Nutrition for the cancer Survivor
- Exercise for the Cancer Survivor
- After-Effects of Treatment
- Support Systems and Spirituality
- Emotional health of the Cancer Survivor
How does the program operate?
The sessions will be presented via Interactive Televideo. Through this technology your local health care facility is partnering with other community health centers to provide participants with the ability to join with cancer survivors across the state.
The sessions will be led by excerpts from the various sites.
A few additional, helpful details:
- The sessions will be held on Wednesday afternoons, 3pm-4pm.
- The first session will be held on Wednesday, October 2, and the last session will be on Wednesday, November 6.
- The sessions are free of charge.
- You will be provided with written materials from the national Cancer Institute, the Midwest Cancer Alliance and Turning Point: The Center for Hope and Healing.
- For the sake of group cohesion, and to get the most benefit out of the program, yo0u are requested to try to attend all sessions
- This program is most appropriate for individuals who have completed their cancer treatment.
- Pre-registration is required by Monday, September 23.
For information & registration contact:
St. Rose Ambulatory & Surgery Center
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM|
|Location:||Great Bend, KS|