The LIVESTRONG™ at the YMCA program is FREE for cancer survivors from the day of diagnosis. No membership required.
This FREE program for cancer survivors focuses on healing the whole person. Participants work with trained Y staff to build muscle mass and strength, increase flexibility and endurance, and improve functional ability while enhancing their emotional well-being in a supportive community.
In Newton and Wichita, Contact the YMCA Intake Coordinator via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 316-776-8178.
In Southwest Kansas, Contact the YMCA Healthy Living Director via email, email@example.com, or phone: 620-275-1199.
How Does the Program Work?
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on you – the whole person – not the disease. The free, 12-week program meets twice a week for 90 minutes, using traditional exercise methods to ease you back into fitness and help you maintain a healthy weight. You’ll focus on:
- building muscle mass and strength
- increasing flexibility and endurance
- improving confidence and self-esteem
Plus, learn about wellness, stress reduction techniques and how to continue healthful habits after the program has ended. Just as important, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA encourages a warm spirit of community – a safe, comfortable place for you to build companionship with others affected by cancer and share stories and inspiration.
Upcoming Schedule for Wichita Area LIVESTRONG Classes – Session Dates May 3 to August 2, 2018
- El Dorado, Tues. & Thurs., 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Trainer: Kera
- West, Tues. & Thurs., 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Trainer: Joyce
- Andover, Mon. & Wed., 5:30 – 7 p.m., Trainer: Morgan
- Northwest, Tues. & Thurs., 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Trainer: Rebecca
- North, Tues. & Thurs., 10:30 a.m. – noon, Trainer: Rachael
- Downtown, Mon. & Wed., 1:30 – 3 p.m., Trainer: Cheryl